What is DTP multilingual layout?
Our layout service, also known as DTP, and more specifically multilingual layout, is a key service for presenting documents in a visually appealing and consistent manner in all languages.
The DTP service improves the quality and readability of multilingual communication in the publishing service for international markets.
Gracias a nuestros equipos multidisciplinares, en Word Works abordamos la maquetación multilingüe DTP de principio a fin:
- Translation of contents.
- Preparation of files.
- Graphic design adjustments, editing and proofreading.
- Preparation for publishing and formatting of documents in several languages.
Why is it important to have a multilingual layout service?
How does our DTP multilingual layout service work?
- Receipt of the original document and its preparation for processing with computer-assisted translation tools.
- Translation of documentation into all languages required by customers.
- Adjustment of the original layout for each language version: taking into account differences in text length, format, typography and other visual aspects.
- Proofreading after setting: this consists of comprehensive proofreading by the translator to check that everything is properly laid out and that there are no cuts or inconsistencies in the document. The design team makes the required adjustments and the document will be delivered in the desired format and editorial design, ready for publishing.
This four-step process ensures that multilingual documents are easily understandable and attractive to your target audience in all languages.
While also maintaining visual consistency, content is also localised to suit the cultural norms and conventions of each region.
Advantages of our DTP multilingual layout service work
Quality guarantee and accuracy in the final presentation of documents.
Ability to offer comprehensive services including translation, layout, graphic design and publishing in multiple formats.
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s no straight answer to this. It depends on aspects such as the length of the documents, the complexity of the languages, the format, the amount of non-editable image content and so on.
The easiest thing to do, if you have a specific need, is to get in touch with us and for us to talk. We’ll provide a quote and estimated deadline without obligation.
At Word Works, we have a team of highly qualified professionals with extensive experience in graphic design, editing and multilingual layout. Our DTP (Desktop Publishing) specialists work with advanced software tools and are trained to handle different languages and file formats to ensure the optimal visual presentation of multilingual documents. Our graphic designers and editors are also coordinated to ensure that documents have an attractive and consistent editorial design in all languages in which they are presented.
They are two different services: plain translation is applied in plain text and does not seek a visual aspect.
Some of the advantages of multilingual layout over simple translation of a document are the following:
- It improves the visual presentation of the document in each language, which can increase the acceptance and understanding of the target audience.
- It enables the format and graphic design of the document to be adapted to the standards of each language, which can improve user experience.
- It ensures visual consistency in all languages, which can convey a more professional and cohesive image.
- It helps the editing and proofreading of language-specific errors, which can improve the final quality of the document.
- It contributes to the internationalisation of the brand or company, by being able to adequately present its documents in several languages and cultures.
As with all of our services, at Word Works, we ensure that we maintain high quality standards in every DTP multilingual layout project.
To ensure the quality of our service, we follow a rigorous quality control process that includes:
- Internal quality check: our designers check their own work before delivering it.
- Proofreading after setting (PAS): the translator checks the work of our designer.
- Final quality proofreading: a project manager proofreads the entire project before handing it over to the customer.
Our team of graphic designers is also highly skilled and has years of experience in the design and layout of multilingual documents in a variety of formats and languages.
Is it possible to order the DTP multilingual layout service for both electronic and paper documents?
How to request a DTP multilingual layout?